[announce] Linux-ready Firmware Developer Kit

The Intel Open Source Technology Center is pleased to announce the
availability of the first release of the Linux*-ready Firmware Developer Kit.

What it is

The Linux-ready Firmware Developer Kit is an open source tool to test how
well Linux works together with the firmware (BIOS) of your machine. The kit
consists of a bootable CD that runs a series of tests and then presents the
results on the screen for interactive inspection. The tests all check an
aspect of the firmware that Linux uses or depends on for optimal operation.

Who it is for

The primary target for the kit is firmware development and test teams at
companies that produce their own system BIOS. With this kit, we
provide these teams a tool that is easy to learn and use to do a basic set
of Linux-related sanity checks on the firmware code during the various phases
of the development cycle.

In addition, we hope this tool is useful for kernel developers and
Linux distributors in diagnosing bug reports when there is a suspicion of a
bad interaction between Linux and the firmware.

Participate

We welcome all participation in this open source project. Feedback, bug
reports, code contributions, and suggestions for new tests are welcomed.
We anticipate the kernel development community helping this tool become
even more useful by giving us feedback on those tests which are needed
the most.

More information and download

For more information about this open source project and how to download
the tool, visit our project Web site at:

		http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org