Re: Vendor field with USB, [SP]ATA etc-attached disks

Jeff Garzik wrote:
Tejun Heo wrote:
For the time being, we'll have to live with boilerplate ATA vendor and truncated vendor ID. There are plans to make libata independent from

Truncated model ID, I presume you mean.

Yeap.

SCSI which should solve the problem but it will take quite some time.

Since ATA does not distinguish between vendor and model, you can't really solve the problem. Two high volume disk vendors don't bother to put a vendor name in the model string at all.

I meant by being solved "not printing emulated SCSI stuff including vendor ID while printing model ID fully and other ATA stuff".

--
tejun