Re: Driver - cfag12864b Crystalfontz 128x64 2-color Graphic LCD

On 9/10/06, Alan Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
Ar Sul, 2006-09-10 am 01:14 +0200, ysgrifennodd Miguel Ojeda:
> parport_register_device() "The PARPORT_DEV_EXCL flag is for preventing
> port sharing, and so should only be used when sharing the port with
> other device drivers is impossible and would lead to incorrect
> behaviour. Use it sparingly!"

This is the one you want. It's there for things like parallel port
quickcams.

> Ok, easier that way. In fact, the conversion function takes just 20
> lines... I can provide it as an example with the driver. Is the
> Documentation/* the right place?

If its only 20 lines why not, in fact if its that short it might be fine
in kernel too.

Fast and clear! Thank you so much.

Just a last question: The conversion function, should I code it as a
"exported function" via ioctl (copying the boolean matrix to kernel
space, converting it and sending it back to user space), or as a
second special device (like /dev/cfag..matrix)?

Because of the problems I explained of waiting for all the matrix to
start converting and sending it, I think the first option is better:
The user-space program can ask for the conversion via ioctl and then
send it to the normal device it whenever it wants.