Re: kernel BUGs when removing largish files with the SLOB allocator

Aubrey wrote:

Yeah, I agree with most of your opinion. Using PG_slab is really a
quickest way to determine the size of the object. But I think using a
flag named "PG_slab" on a memory algorithm named "slob" seems not
reasonable. It may confuse the people who start to read the kernel
source code. So I'm writing to ask if there is a better solution to
fix the issue.

No, confusing would be a "slab replacement" that doesn't provide the same
API as slab and thus requires users to use ifdefs.

I've already suggested exact same thing as David in the exact same situation
about 6 months ago. It is the right way to go.