Re: Can't enable DMA over ATA on Intel Chipset 2.6.16

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 08:42:26PM -0500, Gustavo Guillermo P?rez wrote:
> Builded into kernel we can't specify the load order, then you suggest to made
> an initrd with insmod loading firs scsi subsystem and piix before
> ide-generic... Ok I can do that, but imagine, making a kernel for a
> distribution, ;)

A distribution would be using modules and an initrd/initramfs.  So yes
that is what you should do.  Or at least don't build ide generic into
the kernel if you want other chipset drivers to work.

Of course there might be some kernel command line option you could pass
to specify which driver to use, but I don't know of one.

--
Len Sorensen