Re: [RPC] OLPC tablet input driver.

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 10:10:19AM +0200, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > +#undef DEBUG
> > +#ifdef DEBUG
> > +#define dbg(format, arg...) printk(KERN_INFO "olpc.c(%d): " format "\n", __LINE__, ## arg)
> > +#else
> > +#define dbg(format, arg...) do {} while (0)
> > +#endif
>
> why not use pr_debug or even dev_debug() ?
> Those already have this ifdef included

I was not thinking of them at the time, however dev_dbg is not an option
because we do not have a struct device at hand when we want to print
some debugging lines.

pr_debug might work, but I would rather have file and line already
there.

Though, admittedly, that would be a better argument if it used __FILE__
there instead of hard coding it.

In any case, I don't think any of the debug prints will have to stick
around that much longer.

> > +
> > +static struct olpc_model_info olpc_model_data[] = {
> > +	{ { 0x67, 0x00, 0x0a }, 0xeb, 0xff, OLPC_PTGS },	/* OLPC in PT+GS mode. */
> > +};
>
> const?

Added.
(Along with associated changes so that it's kept const everywhere.)

> also.. there's no locking visible anywhere in the driver... is this
> right?

It looks like psmouse handles it with a mutex lock around freeing stuff
and calling the callback function pointers we set on init, so we
_should_ be safe unless I've missed something.

Add to it that none of the other psmouse drivers are doing locking on
their own, and I'm fairly sure that this is correct. (But if someone
knows better, please correct me.)

Thank you.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
	  1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <[email protected]>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801

Mike Sphar (Scary Devil Monastery):