Re: Fwd: Re: New Metrics to measure Load average

Peter,

Currently we are on our own. For my PhD I only need to separate the CPU and Disk loads according to the login user. Previously as you too suggested I need to refine it. I will refine it with Balbir Singh and Naga's work. In fact this IBM team is splitting and measuring resources per task level.

Yes I have read the early papers on their CKRM or Control frame as well. In those they were talking about some class base measuring system. Certainly this for the controller.

But currently I am only interested in "per task delay accounting" which were posted to kernel group since 2005 December. In this regard both Balbir Singh and Shailabh Naga have done a good job. Also there is avenue to build on their work.

Thanks
Sena Seneviraten
School of Electrical and Information Engineering
Sydney University
Australia