Re: Touchpad problems with latest kernels

Hi,

I just got a HP dv8301nr laptop and found out about this problem. I'm
running kernel 2.6.17-debian and 2.6.17-ck1. The Touchpad is a model: 1,
fw: 6.2, id: 0x1a0b1, caps: 0xa04713/0x200000.

I've tried many suggested workarounds that I found on the net to no
avail. Even forcing the imps/exps protocols cause a similar problem
here: no pointer freezes as with the SynPS protocol, but yes periodical
random jerky mouse movements and clicks. Moreover, I haven't found a way
to disable the mouse-tap feature (which I find annoying) when using this
protocol and X. I haven't tried the bare protocol because I'm very used
to the scrolling wheel behavior.
Incidentally, it seems that the driver resynchs are always useless, at
least for me.

I booted with the ec_intr=0 option (it took effect according to the boot
logs) to no avail. I'd like to help fix this problem, so if there is
anything that I can do, please let me know. I modified synaptics.c to
print the packets that were failed the validation check to fail, but
they don't say much to me.

Meanwhile, I think I'll get a cheap external mouse (I read they work
fine) and keep my hopes up.

Thanks in advance,
--
Javier Kohen <[email protected]>