Re: Reiser4 und LZO compression

Andrew Morton wrote:
On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 04:34:26 +0400
Alexey Dobriyan <[email protected]> wrote:

The patch below is so-called reiser4 LZO compression plugin as extracted
from 2.6.18-rc4-mm3.

I think it is an unauditable piece of shit and thus should not enter
mainline.

Like lib/inflate.c (and this new code should arguably be in lib/).

The problem is that if we clean this up, we've diverged very much from the
upstream implementation.  So taking in fixes and features from upstream
becomes harder and more error-prone.

Well, what kinds of changes have to happen? I doubt upstream would care about moving some of it to lib/ -- and anyway, reiserfs-list is on the CC. We are speaking of upstream in the third party in the presence of upstream, so...

Maybe just ask upstream?