Re: wrt: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 04:12:52PM +0000, Peter wrote:
> Diagnostics on the drives are fine. Removing the b drive removes the
> messages. System functions fine anyway, and no data is lost as a result
> of the errors. The persistence of it is frustrating!

What diagnostics did you try?

(I've got experience with a guy saying: "I have 5 which test perfect
with my diagnostics, but my embedded machine refuses them. What's
wrong?" All of them report through SMART that they HAVE reported media
errors, and they all have bad blocks.)

Do you have "smartd" running? I vaguely remember that it sometimes
triggered error messages from the normal driver.

	Roger.

--
** [email protected] ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
Q: It doesn't work. A: Look buddy, doesn't work is an ambiguous statement.