Re: cpusets not cpu hotplug aware

Andrew wrote:
> If the kernel provider (ie: distro) has enabled cpusets then it would be
> appropriate that they also provide a hotplug script which detects whether their
> user is actually using cpusets and if not, to take some sensible default action

Interesting point - whether the default action to fix up the
cpuset configuration when a CPU goes on or offline should be:
 1) coded in kernel/cpuset.c, or
 2) coded in a hotplug script.

I've got 25 cents that says Andrew votes for (2).

At least so far as the cpuset aware portion of the coding goes,
it would probably be easier for me to code in a hotplug script.

I should learn enough about how hotplug scripts work to see if
this will really work.

--
                  I won't rest till it's the best ...
                  Programmer, Linux Scalability