Where does NFS client associate the file handle received from server with inode?

I ran into a problem:

I extend several fields to file handle, and change compose_fh() to
initialize some value into the file handle. I think the client side
should be able to associate the file handle with inode and used them
properly afterwards.  However, I found a problem:

Say I have a program 'postmark" in /tmp, and my current directory is /

If I do '/tmp/postmark', getattr() funciton will not use the right
file handle with extension. Instead, it seems to use a file handle
excluding my extension

but if I change to '/tmp', do 'ls -al' first, then I do 'postmark',
getattr() will use the right file handle.

So I think maybe I need to change NFS client to associate the extened
file handle with inode . But I don't know where NFS client does this.
Can someone give me a help?

Many thanks!

-x