Re: GPL Violation?

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 05:03:03AM -0400, Patrick McFarland wrote:
> On Thursday 17 August 2006 04:02, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > This is _your personal interpretation_ of what consists a "derived work"
> > under the GPL.
> > This is a known grey area that has AFAIK not yet been brought to court
> > in any country, and neither your personal opinion on this issue nor my
> > personal opinion on this issue can replace legel advice.
>
> And I never said anything different. Stop being hostile to other's opinions.
> LKML isn't the place for a flamewar.

You said:

<--  snip  -->

Closed source modules are lame, and against the spirit of open source, but
that still doesn't make them against the license.

<--  snip  -->

And exactly the question whether modules with not GPL compatible
licences are against the license is the grey area.

cu
Adrian

--

    Gentoo kernels are 42 times more popular than SUSE kernels among
    KLive users  (a service by SUSE contractor Andrea Arcangeli that

       There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.
                                                    Benjamin Disraeli