Re: 2.6.18-rc4-mm1 - time moving at 3x speed!

On Friday 18 August 2006 12:01, Helge Hafting wrote:
> Andi Kleen wrote:
> >> I have narrowed it down.  2.6.18-rc4 does not have the 3x time
> >> problem,  while mm1 have it.  mm1 without the hotfix jiffies
> >> patch is just as bad.
> >
> > Can you narrow it down to a specific patch in -mm?
>
> How do I do that?  Is -mm available through git somehow,
> or is there some other clever way?

Get the patches directory from the ftp server and put it into the
source tree as "patches". Install quilt.

Then select a middle patch from the series file. I would start it
on the boundaries of the various groups Andrew comments first.

Then

quilt push middle-patch
compile/test
if works select new middle in partition below, otherwise above.
repeat until you narrow it down to a single patch.
If the partition is below you have to use quilt pop ... instead of quilt push

Sometimes patches don't compile on their own, but in this case
treating them as groups is ok.

Also when you hit the last patch double check it really changes
the problem by retesting with it applied again.

-Andi