Re: Daily crashes, incorrect RAID behaviour

Rule of thumb (and a good one). If the soft reboot and BIOS cannot
recover the disk then the disk is the problem. There isn't really
anything we can tell the drive to do which should make it take a hike
and ignore a reset sequence.  (Should.. however..)

Makes sense. I will focus my attention on the disks now (which makes
sense not only because of your information).

> DriveReadySeekComplete (I do not recall the exact words, sorry) for one disk
Pity the exact text is essential.

Here is the exact message I saw a few weeks ago (posted in here):

ata4: handling error/timeout
ata4: port reset, p_is 0 is 0 pis 0 cmd c017 tf 7f ss 0 se 0
ata4: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
sdd: Current: sense key=0x0
       ASC=0x0 ASCQ=0x0
Info fid=0x0

To my knowledge this time it did not look different at all.

I assume you've run memtest86 and also checked temperatures look good
around all the disks.

Of course. I even replaced the mainboard (screwdriver accident..) and
power supply (too weak). And I now know that the sata cables I used at
first did not cause the problems :)

Thanks,
--
Carsten Otto