Re: [Fastboot] [CFT] ELF Relocatable x86 and x86_64 bzImages

Vivek Goyal wrote:
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 02:09:58PM -0600, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
I just reserved memory at non 2MB aligned location 65MB@15MB so that
kernel is loaded at 16MB and other smaller segments below the compressed
image, then I can successfully booted into the kdump kernel.
:)

So basically kexec on panic path seems to be clean except stomping issue.
May be bzImage program header should reflect right "MemSize" which
takes into account extra memory space calculations.
Yes. That sounds like the right thing to do.
I remember trying to compute a good memsize when I created the bzImage
header but it is completely possible I missed some part of the
calculation or assumed that the kernels .bss section would always be
larger than what I needed for decompression.

Could someone please describe the intended semantics of this MemSize header, *and* its intended usage?

	-hpa