Re: Touchpad problems with latest kernels

On Monday 14 August 2006 11:06, Ian Stirling wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
><snip>
>
>> I'm having similar problems with an HP Pavilian dv5220, and with a
>> bluetooth mouse dongle plugged into the right side usb port it works
>> just fine.  What I'd like to do is totally disable that synaptics pad
>> as its way too sensitive, making it impossible to type more than a line
>> or 2
>
>Enable the proper USB options, point X/GPM to /dev/input/mouse1 - or
>whatever.

Please describe how to do this and it will be done forthwith.

>It'd be nice if you could do this for keyboards too - but AIUI, you
> can't.

That too.  I've had the feeling but cannot nail it to the wall, that some
of this IS keyboard related as it seems to happen much more frequently for
some keypress combo's.  Typing a 't' is particularly dangerous, like the
rollover protection is zip...
--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)