RE: cpufreq stops working after a while

Passive cooling starting temperature is given by platform manufacturer
through BIOS. You can check whether your BIOS has any option to change
it. Changing it manually by custom DSDT etc may be risky :).
One thing you can try from software is the polling_frequency above. For
some reason it is set to zero above. Try setting it to 1 sec and see
whether that makes any difference (echo 1 >
/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/polling_frequency).

Venki