Re: Merging libata PATA support into the base kernel

Jens Axboe wrote:

I'm not on any of the suspend lists, I was merely comparing the
suspend-others or suspend-libata ration to suspend-ide on linux-kernel,
and the latter is clearly in the minority. I've used ide suspend quite a
bit myself, and never had issues with it (or whichever ones I saw
initially, I fixed). Of course it depends very much on the hardware. I'd
still say that ide suspend probably supports a much wider range of
hardware, than does libata suspend.

Of my various notebooks over the years that used drivers/ide,
all of them work/worked perfectly with suspend/resume to RAM.

Just luck, perhaps.

Cheers