bootsplash integration

I am looking for an update on the reasons (or objections) to
bootsplash (bootsplash.org) still not being integrated into the
kernel. I believe its a very nice project, especially w/regard to
looks for Linux and think it would be a good addition and save a lot
of time for many people who have to go through patching their kernel
if they want it.

There's also gensplash
(http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/gensplash/) which is a little
different and requires only an fbsplash patch to the kernel and only
if you want a background picture on the consoles after bootup (a nice
feature imo).

Both of these are nice packages that I would love to have officially
included and was jus wondering what everyone's current objections to
it are.

--
Steve