Re: [take6 1/3] kevent: Core files.

Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> The main disadvantage is that all memory is allocated on the start even
> if it will not be used later. I think dynamic grow is appropriate
> solution, since user will have that memory used anyway, since kevents
> are allocated,

If you _allocate_ memory at startup you're doing something wrong.  All
you should do is allocate address space.  Memory should be allocated
when it is needed.

Growing a memory region is always hard because it means you cannot keep
any addresses around and always have to reload a base pointer.  That's
not ideal.

Especially on 64-bit machines address space really is no limitation
anymore.  So, allocate as much as needed, allocate memory when it's
needed, and don't resize.