Upcall implementation in Linux

                Dear all,

                Recently, I need to use upcalls in Linux to actively and
promptly inform
                the user applications once an kernel event is occurred.
                However, I have some questions about upcall implementation.
                First, the user handler must be "pinned" into memory to
prevent paging out.
                However, would anyone tell me how to achieve this?
                Second, is there any refernece to upcall implementation for
me to begin?
                Thanks very much.

                Hsung-Pin Chang