Re: Re : Re : Re : Re : sparsemem usage

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:19:01 +0000 (GMT)
moreau francis <[email protected]> wrote:

> Not all arch have page_is_ram(). OK it should be easy to have but we will
> need create new data structures to keep this info. The point is that it's
> really easy for memory model such sparsemem to keep this info.
>
> > Do you have a usage model in which we really care about the number of
> > pages in the system to that level of accuracy?
> >

> show_mem(), which is arch specific, needs to report them. And some
> implementations use only pfn_valid().

BTW, ioresouce information (see kernel/resouce.c)

[kamezawa@aworks Development]$ cat /proc/iomem | grep RAM
00000000-0009fbff : System RAM
000a0000-000bffff : Video RAM area
00100000-2dfeffff : System RAM

is not enough ?

I think kdump depends on this resouce information to determine
where should be dumped.

-Kame