Re: Bug with USB proc_bulk in 2.4 kernel

Hi Benjamin,

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 10:01:41AM -0700, Benjamin Cherian wrote:
> Willy,
> Sorry I didn't notice your email till now.

no problem.

> On Friday 04 August 2006 09:55, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > The problem is that Marcelo is very very busy those days (as you might have
> > noticed from the delay between each release), and there are a good bunch of
> > security fixes in -rc3 which should wait too much in -rc. Maybe an -rc4
> > would be OK, but I don't know if Marcelo has enough time to spend on yet
> > another RC. Otherwise, if I produce a 2.4.34-pre1 about one week after
> > 2.4.33, does that fit your needs ? I already have a few fixes waiting which
> > might be worth a first pre-release.
>
> It would be nice if you could do another rc, because otherwise it seems the
> patch wouldn't get into a stable kernel for a long time. But if it's really
> too much work for Marcelo, I would understand you putting it in th 2.4.34
> pre-release.

The real problem is that Marcelo seems to be *very* busy. I failed to get
any contact from him from one week now. It's even becoming worrying, I hope
he's alright. I don't know how much time it would take him to produce another
release, but it will for sure delay 2.4.33 for a few weeks during which Marcelo
will still be bound to this time-consuming task. It's left to him to decide
anyway. In normal ciscumstances, I would for sure add another -rc, but delays
get stretched too far given the number of vulnerabilities fixed in 2.4.33.

> Thanks again,
> Ben

Regards,
Willy