ACLs

Will these ever be implemented? If so, when? At the moment, all the Linux kernel brings (ie. without any external access control systems such as grsecurity or RSBAC) are rwx permissions. Even Windows brings more finely-grained access controls than this - is that something we want to live with?

I for one would like to see more finely-grained access controls available out-of-the-box, so to speak. I don't want to have to download an LSM plugin or whatnot in order to do it for me. Does it really matter which one you choose? Pick the most mature one and be done with it. If you choose grsecurity and some RSBAC die-hards still want to use RSBAC, let them - but at least have _something_ in the kernel which allows more finely-grained controls than rwx.

Adieu.