Re: [2.6.18-rc2-mm1] libata cdroms not automounted

J.A. Magallón wrote:
Hi...

Following with my switch to libata for everything...
After latest patches, my burner and dvd work ok, apart from the fact that
they do not get auto-mounted in gnome environment.
udevmonitor shows nothing when a CD is inserted.

Media insertion is not notified to user space via udev, so userspace implement cd automount by polling. IIRC, back when libata ATAPI support was premature, we had quite a few bug reports regarding error messages generated by those polling activities. Maybe your distribution disabled polling for SCSI cdroms for that reason. I seem to recollect the polling was done by some gnome daemon, not sure which though.

My memory is a bit vague about this. Please correct me if I got something wrong.

--
tejun