Re: Next 2.6.17-stable review cycle will be starting in about 24 hours

Hi Greg,

> This is a heads up that the next 2.6.17-stable review cycle will be
> starting in about 24 hours.  I've caught up on all pending -stable
> patches that I know about and placed them in our queue, which can be
> browsed online at:
> 	http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=tree;f=queue-2.6.17
>
> If anyone sees that this queue is missing something that they feel
> should get into the next 2.6.17-stable release, please let us know at
> [email protected] within the next 24 hours or so.

instead of ext3-avoid-triggering-ext3_error-on-bad-nfs-file-handle.patch
it makes more sense to include the revised patches from Neil:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/430323

It seems that these are not merged upstream, but my understanding was
that they were the best way to fix this. For RHEL4 we are going with
these two patches.

Linus, any reason why they are not merged yet?

Regards

Marcel