Re: A proposal - binary

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 03:14 -0700, Zachary Amsden wrote:
> I would like to propose an interface for linking a GPL kernel,
> specifically,
> Linux, against binary blobs.  Stop.  Before you condemn this as evil,
> let me
> explain in precise detail what a binary blob is.

Hi,

you use a lot of words for saying something self contradictory. It's
very simple; based on your mail, there's no reason the VMI gateway page
can't be (also) GPL licensed (you're more than free obviously to dual,
tripple or quadruple license it). Once your gateway thing is gpl
licensed, your entire proposal is moot in the sense that there is no
issue on the license front. See: it can be very easy. Much easier than
trying to get a license exception (which is very unlikely you'll get)...

Now you can argue for hours about if such an interface is desirable or
not, but I didn't think your email was about that.

Greetings,
    Arjan van de Ven

--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com