Re: driver for thinkpad fingerprint sensor

Hi!

> > Here's GPLed driver for thinkpad fingerprint sensor. It is in
> > userspace -- for now, but it is so simple it could be easily moved
> > into kernel (everything is done in hardware).
> >
> > Questions are:
> >
> > *) should it be kernel or userspace?
> >
> > *) can someone test it/fix it on X41 and similar models? It works okay
> > on x60.
>
> I just gave it a try on my T43 (2668-WUM), works well if I swipe my
> finger correctly, ends up in a loop otherwise (at least I guess it's bad
> finger swiping).

Nice to know it works for someone. Yes, it sometimes ends up in a loop
if I do something "funny". (But I guess error handling during _enroll_
is not that critical :-).

> Some outputs from thinkfinger follow.

Thanks.

One more question: Does someone still have original Windoze that came
with x60? I think I've seen their software showing me my own
fingerprints. Can someone confirm/deny that? Getting pictures of
finterprints would be nice -- we would not have to rely on proprietary
fingerprint format only known to scanner vendor...

								Pavel