Problems with mtpscsih kernel module

Running on a Dell PowerEdge 1800 using Fedora Core 3 and a 2.6.16.16
kernel.

I've built up this new kernel to roll out to our production systems and
it's been in test on a PE1800 for a long time and working fine.
However, the machine that it's been testing on has SATA drives.
Yesterday I moved it to a production system, another PE1800 with SCSI
drives and I'm getting an error

Insmod /lib/modules/mptscshih.ko: -l unknown symbol

The only differences I can find between the two machines is that the
original build/test machine has gcc-3.4.4 and the new machine has
gcc-3.4.2; but it looks like all the system libraries are the same and
everything else.

I even went so far as to move the entire source tree to this machine and
do a make clean and rebuild and reinstall and I'm still having the same
problem.  What am I missing here???

Thanks! Problems with mtpscsih kernel module

:b!

Brian D. McGrew { [email protected] || [email protected] }
--
> This is a test.  This is only a test!
  Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been
  told to cancel this test and seek professional assistance!