Re: metadata plugins (was Re: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion)

Dnia Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:33:56 +0200, Linus Torvalds <[email protected]> napisał:

In other words, if a filesystem wants to do something fancy, it needs to
do so WITH THE VFS LAYER, not as some plugin architecture of its own. We
already have exactly the plugin interface we need, and it literally _is_
the VFS interfaces - you can plug in your own filesystems with
"register_filesystem()", which in turn indirectly allows you to plug in
your per-file and per-directory operations for things like lookup etc.

What fancy (beside cryptocompress) does reiser4 do now?
Can someone point me to a list of things that are required by kernel mainteiners to merge reiser4 into vanilla? I feel like I'm getting lost with current reiser4 status and things that are need to be done.

Łukasz Mierzwa