Re: [IPV6]: Audit all ip6_dst_lookup/ip6_dst_store calls

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:04:33 +1000
Herbert Xu <[email protected]> wrote:

> 2) There is something broken in the x86_64 unwind code which is causing
> it to panic just about everytime somebody calls dump_stack().
>
> Andi, this is the second time I've seen a report where an otherwise
> harmless dump_stack call (the other one was caused by a WARN_ON) gets
> turned into a panic by the stack unwind code on x86_64.  This particular
> report is with 2.6.18-rc3 so it looks like whatever bug is causing it
> hasn't been fixed yet.
>
> Could you please have a look at it? Thanks.

Jan thinks this might have been fixed by a patch which he sent Andi a
couple of days ago.  Andi has sent that patch to Linus but I'm not sure
which patch it was and I'm not sure whether it has been merged into
mainline.

But yes, -rc3 unwind has problems.