Re: + espfix-code-cleanup.patch added to -mm tree

Hi.

Chuck Ebbert wrote:
we are on a ring0 32-bit stack that's not zero-based.  If an exception
occurs in that state, UNWIND_ESPFIX_STACK restores the proper kernel
SS and ESP but on return from the exception nothing restores the espfix
stack.  I guess this isn't a problem now because exceptions in kernel
mode are fatal but a kernel debugger might have problems here?
Perhaps you are right, but... unless there is some quick
way to mark that part of code "undebuggable", I'll better
leave that for the debugger maintainers to think about.