Re: suspend2 merge history [was Re: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion]

Hi!

> >>Suspend2 patch is open source. You can always take a look.
> >
> >swsusp is open source. You can always take a look. And you can always
> >submit a patch.

> But you can't get the patch accepted, that's issue causing all this
> discussion.

If you send me a reasonably-sized patch, that actually fixes
something, I'm likely to apply it. If you send me 14K line monster...

> >>I'm not exactly an expert, but I don't think suspend-to-ram is more
> >>difficult than suspend-to-disk (probably quite the contrary), and
> >>there are a lot in common.
> >
> >As you said, you do not know what you are talking about.
> >
> That's why people are frustrated. You blow off anyone who tells you the
> code doesn't work. Do you really think Linus doesn't know what he's
> talking about when he reported that it didn't work for him? Hua Zhong
> being "Not an expert" is not the same as not knowing what he's talking
> about.

He claims s-t-ram is easier than s-t-disk. That means that he did not
do his homework, and did not check the archives on the subject.

									Pavel