Re: XFS Bug null pointer dereference in xfs_free_ag_extent

Nathan Scott schrieb:
Hi there,

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 09:49:23AM +0200, Jan Dittmer wrote:

kernel schrieb:

I have the same problem, but it seems not have a patch right now.

No, I got zero feedback, but let's cc the correct
mailing list. I also filed bug 6877 at kernel.org

Is this easily reproducible for you?  I've not seen it before, and
the only possibly related recent changes I can think of are these:

http://git.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=e63a3690013a475746ad2cea998ebb534d825704

http://git.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=d210a28cd851082cec9b282443f8cc0e6fc09830

Could you try reverting each of those to see if either is the cause?

No, the XFS partition in question is gone due to the infamous
endian bug in 2.6.17. I only saw the error once. Hardware is
4 sata drives on a sil-something controller with software
raid5. No lvm. But the error reads like a rename race of some
kind?

Jan