Re: How to port a legacy device driver to a new Linux platform?

On 7/28/06, heavenscape (sent by Nabble.com) <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a legacy PCI fiber card running under Red Hat Linux 7.3, and I have
all the source code of its driver developped by others. Please see the
attachment.

http://www.nabble.com/user-files/135/cyport71.tar cyport71.tar

It is working fine right now. But I am going to upgrade my OS to Rea Hat
Enterprise Linux AS 4, I am not sure how can I recompile and install this
fiber card in the new OS.  I am new to Linux and have minimal experience in
programming Linux. But this card is very important to me.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated!!  Thanks!!

You may do rework of the driver and post it: see Documentation/HOWTO,
especially Documentation/SubmittingDrivers.

It won't be so hard, if you don't feel cool enough, I may try my best,
but tell me the source (cvs?) address of the drivers. What kind of
device is that?

regards,
--
faculty of informatics, masaryk university, brno, cz
e-mail: jirislaby gmail com, gpg pubkey fingerprint: