Re: Generic battery interface

On 7/29/06, Vojtech Pavlik <[email protected]> wrote:
> The lazy polling approach I described in my last post to Vojtech
> ("block until there's  a new readout or N milliseconds have passed,
> whichever is later") looks like a more general, accurate and efficient
> interface.

If "N" is given by the kernel, then it's identical to an event-based
approach. ;) Just described in different words.

No, N is given separately by each userspace client, on every call.
That's the whole point. The kernel driver then does the minimal
hardware querying and event generation that (a) makes sense for the
hardware and (b) satisfies all userspace clients.

 Shem