Re: Kernel FAQ maintenance

Randy.Dunlap writes:
> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:48:31 -0400 Richard Gooch wrote:
>
> > Adrian Bunk writes:

> > Bollocks. I've updated it when people send me patches.
> >
> > > Sounds reasonable.
> > >
> > > Do you want to become the new maintainer?
> > > Otherwise, I could try to get it updated.
> >
> > How about actually sending patches to me rather than just aimed at the
> > list?
>
> I sent you a patch sometime (2-3 years ago) and you replied that
> you weren't updating the FAQ (maybe "at that time").  I have no
> physical record of that patch or your reply now.  However, I'll be
> glad to send FAQ patches to you in the future.

Hm. According to my records, the last time we communicated was
20-AUG-2003 and I said basically that I don't usually scan LKML for
FAQ material, and depend on people sending patches in. The FAQ seems
"stable" now (i.e. not that much has changed on the list, some old
flamers have mellowed, new kids have taken their place, traffic is
still high, business as usual).

Oh, BTW: please don't send to my old .au address. I hardly read that
anymore because it receives too much spam and I have not yet
succeeded in getting it shut down responsibly.

				Regards,

					Richard....