Re: Can we ignore errors in mcelog if the server is running fine

> [root@turyxsrv ~]# mcelog
> MCE 0
> HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software problem!
> Please contact your hardware vendor
> CPU 1 4 northbridge TSC 89a560bb249
> ADDR 1dfa49690
>  Northbridge Chipkill ECC error
>  Chipkill ECC syndrome = 2021
>       bit46 = corrected ecc error
>  bus error 'local node response, request didn't time out
>      generic read mem transaction
>      memory access, level generic'
> STATUS 9410c00020080a13 MCGSTATUS 0

> Repeats whenever I do any kind of operations...
> How severe is ChipKill errors? Should I consider throwing away CPU 1
> and get another one.

That sounds to me more like some of the RAM attached to CPU1 is bad..
I took out CPU1. Errors went away. But so is half of the RAM
(accessible only to CPU1)
Okay, I would test with swapping the RAM of CPU0 to CPU1 and test. If
I get messages again, I would change the RAM.

Thanks.
Om.