Re: the ' 'official' point of view' expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion

Hans Reiser <[email protected]> wrote:
> Adrian Bunk wrote:

> >But you can not tell based on klive data whether the ratio of
> >reiser4:ext3 users in the world is more like 1:5, 1:500 or 1:50000.
> >
> ><--  snip  -->
> >
> >I can't prove that the 1:5 ratio is wrong, but the point is that
> >claiming a 1:5 ratio was true based on the klive data is not better than
> >claiming it based on no data.

> Yes, but I have been surprised that linux conference attendees all know
> about reiser4, so I think it is consistent with the notion that reiser4
> usage may well be much much higher than one would expect of a filesystem
> that is not in the main tree, and which requires a lot of hassle to
> install.  It is a datapoint.  I think the level of hobbyist enthusiasm
> seen suggests that distros may gain market advantage by adding reiser4
> support.....

Great! Then /sit down and do the work to get it into the vanilla
kernel/. You know then it is not a wasted effort... and you /do/ know by
now (or should) that playing the "politics"/"whining" card goes nowhere.