Re: The ondemand CPUFreq code -- I hope the functionality stays

On Thursday 27 July 2006 04:54, Miles Lane wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It sounds, from comments in the discussion of CPU Hotplug locking
> problems, as though you are considering deleting the ondemand CPUFreq
> code.  If this happens, I hope that something that provides the same
> functionality replaces it.  I really appreciate having my power
> consumption automatically modulated on an as needed basis.  Power
> management seems to be one of the areas where there is a lot of room
> for improvement.

I think you've gotten confused. Ondemand is a horrible governor that only
flips between two cpu frequencies, the lowest and the highest. Use the
Conservative governor instead.

Also, the locking issues have nothing to do with Ondemand, its just that
Ondemand's suckyness came up in the thread.

--
Patrick McFarland || www.AdTerrasPerAspera.com
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,