Re: remove cpu hotplug bustification in cpufreq.

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Chuck Ebbert wrote:

> I thought just the 'ondemand' governor was a problem?

The ondemand governor seems to be singled out not because it has unique
problems, but because it seems to be used by Fedora Core for some strange
reason.

I would judge that any bugs in cpufreq_ondemand.c are likely equally
evident in cpufreq_conservative.c, for example. I think the two have the
same background, and seem to have the same broken locking.

> That thing has been broken since day 1 AFAICT.  There are lots of
> reports of problems with it on the list.

See above. I seriously doubt this is ondemand-specific. The whole cpufreq
locking seems to be very screwed up.

The current -git tree will complain about some of the more obvious
problems. If you see a "Lukewarm IQ" message, it's a sign of somebody
re-taking a cpu lock that is already held.

			Linus