Re: [patch 2.6.18-rc1-git] rtc-acpi, with wakeup support

Hmm, so -- any comments?  This applies just fine to RC2 of course
(it came out minutes before RC2 "shipped").  Seems to me this would
be appropriate for the next MM release.

Also, given some mechanism to tell whether this alarm woke the system,
this would seem to be the kind of infrastructure needed to make the
"deepening suspend" work correctly.  That is, idle system enters the
light weight "standby" powersave mode, then if it stays idle for long
enough for the timer to wake it could enter suspend-to-RAM (or that
new "suspend-to-both" mode).  There's certainly enough idle time on
most laptops for such mechanisms to help save significant amounts of
battery power, and it's best if such things don't explicitly depend
on features like ACPI.

- Dave