Re: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion

On Sun, 2006-07-23 01:20:40 -0600, Hans Reiser <[email protected]> wrote:
> There is nothing about small patches that makes them better code.  There

Erm, a small patch is something which should _obviously_ fix one
issue. A small patch, containing at max some 100 lines, can easily be
read and understood.

A complete filesystem (I'm co-maintaining one for an ancient on-disk
format, too) isn't really easy to understand or to verify from looking
at it for 5min.

> is no reason we should favor them, if the developers are willing to work
> on something for 5 years to escape a local optimum, that is often the
> RIGHT thing to do.

I give a shit of nothing to some 5 year work if I cannot verify that
it won't hurt me at some point.

> It is importand that we embrace our diversity, and be happy for the
> strength it gives us.  Some of us are good at small patches that evolve,
> and some are good at escaping local optimums.  We all have value, both
> trees and grass have their place in the world.

Just put reiser4 in some GIT tree and publish it. Maybe you can place
it on git.kernel.org .

MfG, JBG

--
       Jan-Benedict Glaw       [email protected]                +49-172-7608481
 Signature of:                     ...und wenn Du denkst, es geht nicht mehr,