RE: How long to wait on patches?

I've read
> on that page that I should wait until after .18 to look for them in
the git?

You mean in Linus's git tree?  Adrian will have to answer that
question, although the answer is likely to be Yes.  Linus recently
said that he accepts patches until -rc2 and after that he is
looking for stability and bug fixes for a final release, so
it could well be after 2.6.18 when they are merged.

---
~Randy