Re: RFC: cleaning up the in-kernel headers

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 21:59 -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> > Now for the vmstat.h, I just tried removing that, and it seems that this
> > is a candidate to be removed from mm.h since mm.h compiles fine without
> > it. But vmstat.h doesn't compile without mm.h.  So it seems that we
> > should add mm.h to vmstat.h, remove vmstat.h from mm.h and for those .c
> > files that break, just add vmstat.h to them.
>
> Great if you can detangle that.

Are you supporting the effort if I send in patches that removes the
vmstat.h and then goes and tries to find all the places that fail to
compile because of the removal and adds vmstat.h directly, that the
patches would get accepted?

It would probably need to go into -mm for a bit just to find those
places I missed.

This wouldn't be a problem to do and can be accomplished rather quickly,
but I wont waste any time on it if it is doomed at the start.

-- Steve