i686 hang on boot in userspace

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 17:04 +0200, Uwe Bugla wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> first of all thanks to the explanatory hints how a magic Sysrq key works – I've learned a lot.
>
> I first pressed ALT + PrintScreen + P, then ALT + PrintScreen + T.
> To avoid wordwrapping or other unwanted effects please see the resulting kern.log as outline attachment.
>
> Could someone please explain to me what's behind that cryptic code?
> Hope I could help - still need a booting kernel, and I think I ain´t the only one.

Hmmm... I don't see anything that sticks out in the sysrq info (well,
not sure if the do_wp_page() is just trace junk or not - CC'ed Peter
just in case). Maybe this is related to the expand files OOM thing that
Martin saw?

If you boot w/ init=/bin/bash do you also see the hang? If you execute
"date" a few times, does it seem to keep proper track of time?

Also could you enable softlockup detection? (CONFIG_DETECT_SOFTLOCKUP)
Which you can find under Kernel debugging in the make menuconfig.

thanks
-john