Fwd: Using select in boolean dependents of a tristate symbol

[Argh.. resending to correct LKML address]

Roman,

Question for you as Kconfig maintainer - I have a module (HID) that
has a few sub-options. Now HID can be built as a module but
sub-options are suimple booleans. Some of these sub-options will
depend on a common code which is moved out of HID driver. Now I want
to use "select" like this:

config THRUSTMASTER_FF
      bool "ThrustMaster FireStorm Dual Power 2 support (EXPERIMENTAL)"
      depends on HID_FF && EXPERIMENTAL
+       select INPUT_FF_MEMLESS
      help
        Say Y here if you have a THRUSTMASTER FireStore Dual Power 2,
        and want to enable force feedback support for it.

Unfortunately this forces INPUT_FF_MEMLESS to always be built-in,
although if HID is a module it could be a module as well. Do you have
any suggestions as to how allow INPUT_FF_MEMLESS to be compiled as a
module?

Thanks!

--
Dmitry