Re: 2.6.18-rc1-mm1

Em Dom, 2006-07-09 às 13:24 -0700, Andrew Morton escreveu:
> On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 19:28:07 +0200
> Dominik Karall <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, 9. July 2006 11:11, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > > ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.1
> > >8-rc1/2.6.18-rc1-mm1/
> >
> > There are stil problems with initializing the bt878 chip. I'm not sure
> > if it is the same bug, but I had problems with all -mm versions since
> > 2.6.17-mm1
> > Screenshot:
> > http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0227135/kernel/060709_190546.jpg
> >

> Right - this is one of those mysterious crashes deep in sysfs from calling
> code which basically hasn't changed.  Mauro and Greg are vacationing or
> otherwise offline so not much is likely to happen short-term.
I should be returning back from vacations by the end of this week.

About the errors you are suffering, image is not clean enough to allow
reading the log. There were some changes on -mm that may affect people
with third-party drivers (like, for example, some webcam drivers). This
is due to a change at video_device structure, used to register video
devices. Several third-party drivers just have a copy of videodev.h. So,
those drivers compile using the old struct definition, but tries to
register the device by calling a function that is expecting the newer
struct. Maybe this is your case.

> Is 2.6.18-rc1 OK?
Cheers,
Mauro.