RE: ACPI_DOCK bug: noone cares

>> >Fair enough. Reverted.
>>
>> I disagree with this decision, and would like to know what
>> is necessary to reverse it.
>
>Mistakes happen. Fair enough. They happen all the time. This
>time around, for the 2.6.18-rc1 thing, I had heard more than
>the usual "nobody even reacted", as Andrew had held up two
>patch-series of his because of that issue..

Dependencies happen too, and that was the case with the memhotplug
patches.  Memhotplug, PCI-hotplug, docking -- these things all
have dependencies between multiple sub-systems, and we don't
really have a good process for making things flow smoothly.
Andrew has set himself up to be the clearing house, and he is
so successful that I think that sometimes we tend to
over-use him for that purpose.

>So that makes me like it even less than usual when I'm told
>that a problem with something I merged was apparently known
>BEFORE IT WAS MERGED.
>
>So Adrian's report on its own wouldn't have caused a revert.
>
>> If you address me directly when you are asking me to do something,
>> that would really help me help you.
>
>As far as I can tell, you were cc'd on all of these things, along with
>the linux-acpi mailing list.

Yes, you are right, I was cc'd.  My inbox knew about this issue
and I hadn't noticed it.  It was my mistake to assume a few days later
that the latest driver needed a patch.

So I ask you.  If I fix the Kconfig issue today, will you accept
a push that restores this driver to 2.6.18?

thanks,
-Len